Fort st john dating sites
100% Free Online Dating for Fort Smith Singles at Mingle2
On October 10, 1944, Brigadier General Samuel Connell arrived at Fort Pepperrell and assumed command of the Newfoundland Base Command, and in November 1944, the first man to be called on temporary active duty status left the Newfoundland Base Command for the Zone of Interior. John's Area, was formed and the Headquarters Detachment discontinued.
On December 23, 1945, Colonel Albert Warren assumed command of the Newfoundland Base Command.
Fort Pepperrell was designed to accommodate 3,500 personnel with indoor storage for 310 vehicles, 146,315 square feet (13,593 m) of covered warehouse space, and outdoor storage of approximately twenty acres for vehicles, lumber, equipment, and supplies.
On April 15 a lease was signed with Carpasian Park Limited, for 15 acres (61,000 m) of land upon which to build Camp Alexander, a temporary tent camp named in honor of the ship USS Edmund B. On May 20, the troops quartered aboard the USS Edmund B.
Alexander began moving into their new temporary camp.